Saturday, November 30, 2013

Equine & Exhalted One


Jeremy -
Twelve hours of dire stomach ache with many visits to the toilet it is clear to me that I have contracted guardia, familiar with the discomfort of such a condition, as I had guardia in India. My intention is to deal with it post haste, a quick trip to a clinic in Coya acquiring medication and few days of choking down the awful tasting tablets I rest for prompt recovery.
The week is occupied with much sleep and writing, as I regain my strength the activities recommence. In a state of almost full recovery I am able to appreciate life in Peru again. 
Standing in the garden of our adobe home I allow myself to wonder what next step my dreaming would allow. Within an instant my attention is pulled towards the clattering sound from the gate that swings open, moving towards the entrance in response I see much to my surprise a young Peruvian man who struggles holding onto two horses, one full grown the other a colt. It feels like Christmas as he hands me the reins of the colt. Without invitation he leads the way into our yard. My previous arrangement to house horses for our friend Kyd had somewhat evaporated so I feel bewildered about this equine delivery. Discussing for a moment with the stable boy it becomes clear that the horses are just here for grazing rights. This fits perfectly as the young man proposes that he will be back to tend for their needs as he loosely tethers the larger of the animals, with belief that Chaska the younger will just hang with his older brother. It seems to be the case for a few moments until he rears up making a be-line through our garden, disappearing in the direction of the stables about a third of a mile away. We run down the track as quickly as possible to retrieve the young horse. As soon as we arrive back I notice Pacha has released himself from his tether and in a chaotic moment I try to grab his reins, as he bolts around the alfalfa patch. The two spooked and nervous horses join forces and careen away together through the campo. Horrified by the potential injury of them jumping the rocky terraces, we run after through the maize and quinoa fields.

Lisana -
While walking back from town in the early afternoon on the path, I pass the familiar scenery of the old church, the stables below in the field where five or six horses spend their days and nights as I enjoy the splendid view of the waterfalls and the sacred valley. Then after crossing the foot bridge I see in the distance which diminishes greatly the oncoming charge of two horses. I am confused and delighted as racing right behind them with no surprise to me, is Jeremy. I gaze upon this spectacle turning to the Peruvian woman who happens to be at the same spot witnessing with me. Startled and feeling somewhat helpless as the larger horse struggles to get up to the path from a steep stoney terrace. Though concerned he will injure himself I quickly realize in his frenzied state that it will not benefit either one of us to attempt any assistance, with quick assessment I concede to the plight of the horses' jump and back away allowing for him to fulfill his goal. Jeremy greets me as he runs passed to catch the horses which gallop off to their familiar home. The young stable boy and he are successful in their efforts and return the horses to our yard of abundant alfalfa. Knowing Jeremy has been desiring the presence of horses and certainly holds horse energy, I am pleased to see this manifestation arise. 

Jeremy-
A week or so goes by and life in the sacred valley seems to take a natural pace. The horses come and go as the rains move in to encourage the verdant growth of the nature around us. 
Before coming to Peru we envisioned part of the reason for the adventure to the Southern Hemisphere is to establish a modern day light temple. Having found the property where our mud farmhouse stands, located between the mother and father mountain within the heart of the sacred valley, we appreciate this to be of energetic significance.

One early afternoon as we come back from town we meet a middle age Peruvian man, who presents himself as Exhaltacion, (the exalted one). With an odd expression he announces that he would like to show us some land if we are interested. Going along with spirits' unfolding mystery we agree. Appearing that the land he wishes for us to see is directly above our current abode, we imagine a grander plan of temple space. The walled property he takes us to, is covered with peach trees and stands below a friends place that holds a round sunken ceremonial chamber. Exhaltacion, with the grin of a child encourages us to follow him to the corner of the treed plot, to reveal the entrance of a cave that disappears deep into the rocky outcrop that bookends the orchard. 
He communicates that on sighting us, he heard the voice of God in his head, and with a glazed expression tells us that spirit wishes this land that backs up to the mountain, should be in our charge. A price is proposed yet we feel not to negotiate at this point and just let the circumstance  develop without attachment. He suggests we cut keys so we can spend time on the property to develop our sense of belonging. 





No comments:

Post a Comment