Saturday, November 2, 2013

The Merging of our Worlds


Lisana-
Jeremy and I have traveled quite well together, up to a couple of weeks at a time, but we have never co-existed in the same living space. Now, with our 3 month journey to Peru, we shall be asked to merge our worlds. It really makes for an interesting and at times humorous story of our polarity in how we live on this earth. Jeremy, the ultimate earth man and for those of you that know us you have heard me reference him as my earth walker. It is clear I am a galactic and my experiences on the earth have been very limited. Having just camped for the first time this summer while working on Mount Shasta and now in Peru requiring a passport, are just examples of my naive exposure to this earth. Hotels and camping are entirely different from sharing a humble abode together and now we will find balance in our existence, bringing Heaven to Earth.
The merge was bound to take place after our week at PazYLuz's, as we knew we were searching for something affordable, that we can leave our belongings while we travel about. Now the morning is upon us when we are to move on to our next home, a bit leery for what is coming, I surrender to the possibilities. The taxi arrives to load up the luggage dropping us at the edge of town where we find a hostel that also offers horse back riding, called the Caballo. Jeremy being a fire horse in Chinese astrology is really enthusiastic over the prospect. The price was right, the convenience  perfect and Jeremy seems quite content with the modest amenities of the cowboy style quarters. My night was restless as I did not feel the room to be sanitary and the bed quite uncomfortable. Having to use the outside down the stairs bathroom a couple of times in the night added to my discomfort.
Arising at 6:30 we decide to explore an opportunity of a room in a shared house that our friend Jay spoke of just the day before.
Following the dirt road to the north of town into the beautiful valley we hope to come across Jay's location.This valley is nestled below the sacred ruins of Pisac and holds beautiful and magical energy. We walk to the roads end without discovering the house, heading back towards town we notice an old adobe farmhouse. Feeling this must be the one we enter the gateway to find Jay in front of his room-perfect timing. He shows us the room and shared kitchen and bath. Jeremy seems quite pleased with the prospect, I on the other hand am struggling with my 3D vision of the living quarters, though I do feel at peace with the location and the energy of the area. Having an outdoor bathroom will be a new experience for me especially when Jay announces there is no hot water. There is no hand rail down the concrete stairs that are quite precarious and while the outside kitchen sink is a stunning piece of pre-Incan stone carving, it is also new way of experiencing a life without the modern conveniences, inviting me to relinquish all attachments. 
Our room is dirty, with a broken window and a few built in shelves. Raw wood flooring makes it very rustic, this is an adobe built mud home and my partner is determined to get me into the earth. I do have resistance raring up and voice my concerns to Jeremy and Jay. I can see the sparkle in Jeremy's eyes that he loves the space but can I bring myself into the earth in this way, can I find comfort and maintain my high frequency?
As we walk to the market to have our breakfast we discuss the home and I can sense Jeremy's eagerness as well as concern for my happiness.
We start having a bit of struggle which is affecting our coherence. The diversity of our comfort levels are extreme and brings us to a peak of discordance where Jeremy is asking for me to make a decision about the home one way or the other. Hearing his frustration I decide to avoid the   decision and leave the horse hostel in an distraught state in order to explore an alternative. I seek a hostel that I have been wishing to check out while on my way I pass the Shaman store, where we had befriended the owner, Carlos. He sees that I am upset as I inquire where the hostel is and offers the directions just up the street and I am quickly on the path, hopefully for neutrality with Jeremy. I find, like and accept the possibility of staying at this hostel which offers clean rooms and comfortable beds with a friendly owner whom readily accepts me as family. Racing back to share my delight with Jeremy and that I have finally made a decision for us, I run in to thank Carlos sharing my elation. He jumps up offering assistance for us by using his cart to bring our luggage to the new home. I feel it is all too sudden and should thank him and say Jeremy has to see the room first, but I don't. I feel disempowered for some reason and succumb to his lovely offer. Racing to Jeremy at the Caballo I begin shouting at the window "Eagle Blanco, mi contender" When I enter the room his reaction is not what I expect. 
Now he is going to share his side of the experience.



Jeremy - 
As I lay in bed after a frustrating morning, thinking that we have found the ideal accommodation in order to leave our circus style gear behind, so as we can travel. I feel myself slipping into an unconscious state and at that moment frantic yells of "Eagle Blanco" followed by some galactic peruvian garble, I sit bolt upright almost sending my spirit into the wall in front of me. "Is this an emergency is Lisana being chased by someone?" After the door rattles for a second or two she comes crashing in announcing that she has the solution. 
Relieved to see that it is excitement and not panic I settle down a little on the edge of the bed to hear the news. She instructs me quite passionately to pack up and bring the bags downstairs, as someone is waiting. Peering out the window I realize the intent of relocation is well under way. 
Disharmony spirals around us and between our glances, having a gut feeling of being under someone else's control; not Lisana's but that of a local shaman who runs his store with a deft hand and pleasant yet extremely professional demeanor. It all seems very rushed, so I insist that Lisana thanks him for his kindness but will leave us to gather our possessions and a few thoughts. As soon as I feel the pressure dissipate, as Carlos exits the stable courtyard, I know I must surrender to Lisana's more sanitary needs. I probably have lowered the bar so low that she tripped over it. Indeed it would have been nice to have some transportation to the new lodging as fully knowing the next action is to haul my backpack, which is large and stuffed, along with half of Lisana's luggage. It's not too far of a reach, but after ten blocks of the small Peruvian cobbled streets, perspiration is building due to the ever changing high altitude cloud to clear temperature jumps. Simultaneously I notice Lisana's moist and slightly swollen eyes, from the exacerbating energy of our morning. Arriving at the three story hostel with orange steel gates we ring and wait. Greeted very cordially we are shown to our room via the clean concrete un-banisters stairs. Ours is the first room on the third floor balcony looking over the inner empty courtyard with an awesome view of the valley.The lush green carpet of maze offers a contrast to the rugged mountain walls that ascend at least three thousand feet only to be interrupted by the steel reinforcement bars extruding from the unfinished roof of the hostel. The polished tile room holds two beds, the larger is offered to Lisana while the other small yet clean and comfortable bed is tucked under the angled roof rafters, allowing around 4 and half feet of clearance on the higher side of the bed. I wonder if Lisana even considered the fact that I am six feet tall. We drop our bags while Lisana moves about her side of the room as I sit on the edge of my bed. I really feel like a child who doesn't know whether he just wants to get what he wants or whether we are disappearing into a comic like reality. The only thing I can do is to get out for a little space as it feels extremely claustrophobic, agreeing with Lisana I head back up the dirt road to the adobe to let Jay know that we will not be able to inhabit the farmhouse. As I walk down the narrow entrance way with a drop of a few feet to the terraced garden below, I come to the front of the building, to my astonishment, Jay the slight New Zealand spirit dancer has completely rigged up a banister and a sink awning, the unique construction of wire, salvaged wood and eucalyptus branches and the anchoring of the commonly seen rebar that protrudes from any unfinished concrete, was solid and will definitely secure Lisana an easy descent.

*without overlapping too much, going back to my viewpoint -

Lisana-
Arriving in the room of the hostel of my choosing Jeremy instantly points out why this situation is all wrong for him as the earth walker and how it would crush his spirit, with a simple gesture by standing up from the edge of the bed and pretending to bash his head on the beam. He leaves to let Jay know that we will not be staying even though I can feel the disingenuousness of his expression. Upon Jeremy's return he shares Jay's instant manifestation of the work that was needed and assuring the hot water will be working soon. Jeremy offers to clean and make ready the home for my comfort. Insisting that the low overhead will allow for exactly what we are looking for, he suggests I stay one night in the hostel whilst he goes straight to work on the adobe home and stays for the night. He calls on me later in the day to share a meal and part ways for the evening and though it is an agreed option it feels like separation when he says goodnight to me and walks off for his fourth journey to the farmhouse that day.
My new home is fixed to satisfactory specification and 
I now accept living in accordance with nature and perhaps a most necessary way for us to anchor the new energies into the earth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment